Orchha is a town in Tikamgarh district of Madhya Pradesh, was in the year 1501 by Maharaja Rudra Pratap Singh. Orchha lies on the seasonal island on the bank of the Betwa River, 15 km from Jhansi in Uttar Pradesh. The fort, enclosed by a fortification wall, stands a huge palace-fort, is coupled with buildings belonging to different times, and most remarkable of which are the Raja Mahal and the Jahangir Mahal.
The Ram Raja Temple is built on a quadrangle base and has an almost utterly plain exterior, reassured by foretelling windows and a line of fragile domes down the summit. A singularly beautiful specimen of Mughal architecture to be found here is the Jahangir Mahal. Another notable structure is an old temple from the 9th century called Chaturbhuj Temple, which is built on an enormous podium of stone.